Data Protection Declaration
1. Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Officer Responsible
We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. The following information explains our handling of your personal data when you use our website. Personal data is all data by which you can be personally identified.
The office in charge of data processing on this website in accordance with the Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DS-GVO) – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - is stetter Rechtsanwälte, Managing Partner, Dr. Sabine Stetter, Amiraplatz 3, 80333 Munich, Germany, Tel.: +49 89 13 92 791-0, Fax: +49 89 13 92 791-29, email: info@. stetterlegal.com
Responsibility for the processing of personal data lies with the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
2. How We Process Personal Data
In this section we explain for what purposes we process personal data, the legal basis upon which data is processed and for what duration the data is stored. This depends in each case upon the context of the data processing as explained under the following sub-headings.
2.1 Provision of the website and log files
When you visit our website the web server collects your IP address, the date and time of your visit to the website, the pages which you have visited on our website, the internet sites which you have previously visited, the browser you are using (e.g. Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome etc.), the operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 10), as well as the domain names and addresses of your internet provider (e.g. Deutsche Telekom). These details are used to organize and facilitate the transmission of the requested websites. In order to provide the basic functions of the website we make use of technically necessary cookies. Further details can be found in Section 3.1.
In cases of system abuse the information collected by the web server can be used in collaboration with your internet provider and/or public authorities to determine the originator of such abuse.
The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate interests (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Buchst. f DS-GVO) in securing data transmission and the integrity of the website and our systems. We assume that these interests mirror those of the user, since only by such means can the website be accessed and such functionalities ensured.
The afore-mentioned data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. For the processing of data related to the opening of the website this will mean, in general, when the visit is terminated. Above and beyond this it may be that, for the purpose of website security, data is stored in log files. Such data will routinely be deleted after seven days at the latest. The log files will be deleted on a routine basis after 14 days at the latest.
2.2 Establishing contact
When contacting us (e.g. by means of a contact form or email) personal data will be collected. In the case of a contact form the data to be collected can be seen in the form in question. This data will be stored and used solely for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and for the pursuant technical administration.
The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your concern in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. If your reason for contacting us is the conclusion of a contract, the legal basis for processing data is also covered by Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. b DS-GVO.
Your data will be deleted once your request has been processed. This is the case if it can be inferred that the points in question have been fully clarified and insofar as there are no legal storage obligations.
3.1 Essential Cookies
Essential cookieshelp to make a website accessible, insofar as they facilitate basic functions such as site navigation and access to secure areas of the site. Without such cookies a website cannot function effectively.
We make use of the following essential cookies:
Storage duration End oft he browser session.
4. Google Maps
Our website is linked to Google Maps (API) of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Irland (“Google”). Google Maps is a web service providing interactive maps to display geographic information visually. Using this service shows you our location and assists with any necessary visit to our offices.
To prevent information (e.g. your IP address) about your use of our website being transmitted to and stored by the Google server - even when accessing subpages of our website in which Google Maps is embedded - we have integrated the service via a link. Only after actively clicking the button "Start google maps" a connection to the Google servers will be established and the associated data processing be activated. Please note that the data processing initiated by this procedure lies beyond our sphere of influence and that Google’s data protection conditions should be respected.
5. Sharing of Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with third parties unless this is necessary in fulfilling your request, is otherwise permitted on the basis of relevant legal regulations (e.g. for the purposes of legal defense) or if you have given your consent.
In making our website available we are supported by external service providers who process personal data exclusively on our behalf and in line with our instructions.
The hosting and technical provision of our website is contracted out to Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG, Königsberger Straße 4-6 in 32339 Espelkamp.
Web design, as well as data administration and development of our website, is contracted out to 3-iQ Werbeagentur, Untenhöhscheid 16, 42657 Solingen.
Our service providers have been signed up by us to data protection contracts which ensure, in particular, that the service provider respects confidentiality, acts strictly according to instructions given and has embraced appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data.
Where these service providers are domiciled outside the European Union or have signed an agreement via the European Economic Area, we ensure that it is either a third country with an appropriate level of data protection as determined by the EU Commission (e.g. Switzerland) or, by means of so-called standard contractual clauses, an appropriate level of data protection has been established. For service providers domiciled in the United States of America it may be deemed sufficient when a service provider has been certified on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
6. Your Rights
You may, depending on the circumstances of the case in question, have the following rights based on the DS-GVO:
- Information: You may have access to your personal data and/or demand copies of this data. This includes information about the purpose of the processing, the category of the personal data, the recipients of the data, those persons authorized to access the data, as well as, if possible, the planned storage duration or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration period. There is no right to information with regard to data which, due to legal or statutory retention obligations, may not be deleted or which serves solely to comply with data security or data protection controls.
- Correction, deletion, or restriction of processing: You may demand the correction, deletion or restriction of processing pertaining to your personal data insofar as its usage is not permitted under data protection laws, in particular because (i) the data is incomplete or incorrect, (ii) the purpose for which the data was collected is no longer relevant, (iii) the consent upon which the data processing was based has been revoked, (iv) you have successfully invoked a right of objection regarding the processing of data. In cases where the data has been processed by third parties we will pass on your request for correction, deletion or restriction of processing to these third parties unless this proves to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort;
- Withdrawal of consent: Insofar as processing requires your consent you can refuse this at any time or - without affecting the legality of any data processing carried out prior to the withdrawal - withdraw at any time your consent to the processing of personal data;
- No automated decisions: You have the right not to be subject to decision-making based solely on automated processing of data which has legal or similarly significant effects;
- Data portability: You may have the right to request the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another authorized party without hindrance on our part; you may also have the right to request us to transmit the personal data directly to an authorized third party insofar as this is technically possible.
Objection: Furthermore you have the right, given legitimate interest, to withhold consent to data processing, unless we can prove that compelling legitimate reasons outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms; with regard to data processing for the purpose of direct advertising you can withhold consent at any time.
To exercise your rights please contact
Our obligation to observe legal confidentiality remains hereby unaffected.
Right to complaint to a regulatory authority: You can complain to a relevant regulatory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data breaches the DS-GVO. You can assert this right with the regulatory authority in the member state in your customary place of residence, your work location or the place of the supposed infringement.
7. Security of Processing
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect collected and processed personal data, in particular to protect against accidental or willful manipulation, loss or deletion and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continually updated to reflect technological development.
In using our website your personal data is encrypted using SSL/TLS technology to prevent access by unauthorized third parties.
Please note that data transmission in the internet (e.g. email communication) may have security gaps. Complete protection of data against third party access is unfortunately not possible.
8. Data Security Officer
Our data security officer can be contacted at the following address: Datenschutzbeauftragte, stetter Rechtsanwälte, Amiraplatz 3, im Luitpoldblock, 80333 München, dsb@. stetterlegal.com
Status: June 2020